INSPIRED BY YOU & CREATED BY SIDNEY PAUL & Co
If you are looking for a gift that is a little more unusual and quite unique, then consider commissioning a work of art
Autobiography artworks can be commissioned by you to visually represent a life, a special event or occasion. The work of art can summarise all that is personal or nostalgic to you or for whom the piece is commissioned.
The finished artwork will be an exclusive signed and certified giclee print. Only reproduced at the customers request. Commission as framed or unframed prints. PRICE ON APPLICATION.
How it works
1. Call us for a free consultation and to discuss your requirements. Work out budget.
2. Agree a schedule. When an order for a commission is confirmed a 25% deposit of the value of the order will be required. (A confirmation of commission email will be sent to you)
3. Send any images, written information, details, dates, names, places and colour ideas etc. that you wish to be included.
4. We will create and send the preliminary sketch for your approval. (A confirmation of approval email will be sent to you when the second and final payment is due)
5. We will also create any additional images to build up “Your Story”. These may include specially drawn, painted, photographed elements or embellishments.
6. Discuss frame alternatives if required.
7. Agree terms for delivery.
8. Completed artwork delivered. If practical by ourselves.
Size of artworks typically start at A3 (paper size)
The A3 size print measures 29.7 x 42.0cm, 11.69 x 16.53 inches, if mounted 40.6 x 50.8cm, 15.98 x 20 inches.
The A2 size print measures 42.0 x 59.4cm, 16.53 x 23.39 inches, if mounted 59.4 x 76.6cm, 23.39 x 30.16 inches.
The A1 size print measures 59.4 x 84.1cm, 23.39 x 33.11 inches. (currently we are not offering a mount for this size)
The A0 size print measures 84.1 x 118.4cm, 33.11 x 46.61 inches. (currently we are not offering a mount for this size)
Larger sizes available, price on request.
FEATURED ARTWORK: BARBICAN DUCHESS
Commissioned by Louisa and Tim, March ‘12
Review: Full article.
Having followed Sidney and Joanne’s work over the last 15 years. I knew that they would be the first people to contact when I needed something particularly special. My parents in law were due to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary and like most people of that generation it was quite a challenge to think of something to get them that they didn’t already have.
Sidney had shown me a few months previously of his bespoke work that he done for some other close friends, family and more recently clients. As requested I supplied him with a list of dates, hobbies, places, photographs and anything else that had been important in their lives. Sidney then took that information deconstructed and then reconstructed it in an incredibly clever and creative way to create a montage of imagery that was specifically personal to those two people.
When they opened their framed piece of art they were so overwhelmed. We all shed some tears as they exclaimed that it “was the best present they had ever received”. Not only did it turn out to be an amazing piece of art but one that meant so much to them. I will never forget their reaction - I just hope that someone commissions one for me one day!!
A couple of days later Brenda sent us a card ……
“……It is early on Monday morning and the light is growing. I have looked again at the beautiful picture you have given Michael and me. I want to say how beautiful it is and how creative in its use of metaphor.
It is a work of art and imagination and of course it is intensely personal….”